Friday, October 07, 2005

Why, what do you call it?:

I'd like to get this on the record and settle it once and for all. In the town I grew up in we had a name for sneaking up behind a car after a sizeable snowfall, grabbing the bumper of the car and letting it pull you for little while down the street. Yeah, this is what we did for fun, what of it? Anyway, in my town we called it 'mushin'. Good name right? This is what I'm sayin'. Well a few of the Jake Boys (specifically Stubby & Mashie) are from the next town over, a rival town yo. They call it, and get this... 'ski patrolling'. I can barely type it without laughing my ass off it's so queer. The thing about it is, I know these guys and they just HAVE TO think it's queer too but they can't bring themselves to admit it because of some silly town pride thing. Other towns in the area have other names for it like skitchn', bumper jumpin', hookin' etc. but mushin' is unquestionably the best. Wouldn't y'all agree?

Labels:

1 Comments:

At April 26, 2006 12:34 PM, Blogger chagnasty said...

I thought ski patrolling is what brave, selfless hero's do. Helping people who have been injured down off the ski slopes to safety - as well as ushering drunken fools off the premises when necessary.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home