Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Well it was interesting to me...

A little excitement at my house this weekend. We had a raccoon push his way through the screen door onto our back porch. He was in a box just snoozin' away (they sleep during the day you know). I went out there and unexpectedly woke him up... He was none-too-pleased with this, as you might imagine.

I tried beating his little raccoon ass with a hockey stick but I couldn't get close enough to him. I was inside the sliding glass door trying to wack at him with just the stick and my arm hanging out onto the porch (raccoons are vicious animals and not to be trifled with according to my wife). Finally I was able to tip the box over but even with that he was not very interested in leaving the premises. I figured he'd scamper out as soon as I made some noise but every time I slammed the stick down near him he'd jump at it like he wanted to fight (the bastard). I did manage to jab him between his little beady eyes but it wasn't enough to scare him off. He finally left without incident after about 45 minutes.

I'll be purchasing a new screen door in the very near future but for now the plywood I put up should keep anything else out. Interesting huh?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home