Monday, February 15, 2010

Deja Brew:

Made my own beer Saturday with my brother-in-law at a place called
Deja Brew.

Pretty cool process. Pick your type and flavor etc. they give you the
recipe you get all the ingredients, measure it out, grind up the grain
and put it all in a big brewing kettle. Kind of like steeping a tea
bag in a big cup of tea. While you're brewing you can sample as many
beers as you like.

We go back in 2 weeks to bottle it after fermentation. $160 gets you
72, 22 ounce bottles. That's like $2.23 per bottle. Not bad when you
consider the Chimay in the picture above cost me $11.99 and the
homemade stuff tastes as good if not better than that.

I went halfs with the brother-in-law so I've got 36 beauties coming my way.
All I need are some cool glasses and labels. Can you say Jake favors?
I'm not sure they'll last until June but we'll see.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home