Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Lightning in a bottle:

When we were younger we played some softball. Actually we played a lot of softball. We were good and we won our share of championships. Those were some good times.

I still smile when I think of the first team me, Rosco, Heff & Stubby were on (The Chief's). Our coach was one of those "softball is my life" kind of guys. He actually invited the whole team to his wedding where (I think after they cut the cake) he grabbed the mic and thanked "his boys - The Chief's" for being there on his special day. That my friends was a beautiful moment.

The picture above was taken when we were a little older and running our own team. We won the championship that year as you can see by the trophy. There were also some guys on that team who have dipped their toes into the Jake pool on occasion. We like to call them "incidental participants" and some of them faired better than others in their escapades but always had fun.

This is a tip of the hat to 1997, a great year to be a Jaker.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home