Saturday, January 31, 2009

Is There A Doctor In The House?:

The Jake 17 (2008) champion is going through some challenging shit health-wise right now...

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{ Doc sent us this message recently }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Hello,

Sorry for not being in touch but things have been interesting to say the least for me since New Years Eve.. It started with facial numbness and head numbness (no really), and the symptoms have progressed.. In and out of testing and hospitals weekly since. I have been through about 10 different tests to rule out stoke, mini strokes, blood circulation issues and brain tumors. One test for Lyme has come back negative (2 too go) and a no go on diabetes( I do need to get retested).

Right now, I have numbness mostly on my left side (hand, foot, face, neck and head) the fun part is every day is a new adventure. The hand and foot are back to normal but my stomach is the new thing today.

I am off to a neurologist and neurosurgeon in the next few weeks and looking forward to getting to the bottom of things. Outside of the numbness, its just fatigue and short term memory loss depending on the day.

The next big thing to rule out are Lyme, MS, ALS and a few other cell, food allergy related diseases.

I just wanted to reach out to everyone and kinda catch up. Would like a boy's night out soon if feasible and hope everyone and family is well.

So far everything that I could have is treatable or manageable except for ALS.
One day at a time and deal with what ever is happening for the day. Its has helped put things back in perspective and I need make a better effort to stay in the loop. Our house is 95% done which is freeing up a lot more time for me.

If no one has taken the reigns of Jake Day this year I would like to throw my name in the ring. Hope all is well and I am wondering why we choose to live in the Artic

Doctor

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{ End Doc's message }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Dancer and I are running Jake 18 this year but you are more than welcome to run #19 in 2010.

We all hope everything works itself out and you get yourself back to healthy as soon as possible. Golf season is fast approaching after all.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home