Friday, May 26, 2006

I don't follow...

My oldest daughter (7 yrs.) is so funny. She does not get sarcasm, irony, facetiousness, plays on words or jokes of any kind which to me is hilarious. Her mom bought the Pringles chips that have jokes on them and this morning she came in all excited to read me one of them.

Lil Chagger: "How do you catch a squirrel?"
Chag: "I don't know, how?"
Lil Chagger: "Climb up a tree and act like a nut!" and then she starts laughing uncontrollably because she knows jokes are funny - even if she doesn't know why.

Then she says: "Daddy, how do we act like nuts if we're just children?"

{{ blink, blink }}

So now I'm explaining to her that acting like a nut is kind of like acting silly or crazy and squirrels eat real nuts so, you see, there's 2 meanings of the word nut etc. & so forth.

Priceless.

Happy Memorial Day weekend and if you see an American soldier or veteran please thank him/her for all of us.

Speaking of Squirrels... We hear he'll be there on June 2nd. I'm not saying we have a 'warm fuzzy' but we're all very optimistic. One week till...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home